Ohio Oil and Gas Energy Education Program Statement of Privacy
Effective Date: July 28, 2020
OOGEEP.org, a project of the Ohio Oil and Gas Energy Education Program (OOGEEP), referred to here as “we,” us,” or “ours”, is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to OOGEEP.org and any other microsites or mobile websites we operate or use (our “Website”) and our “Social Media Pages” which are the official social media pages we operate on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms. This Statement of Privacy governs our data collection and usage. By using our Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Information We Collect
When you visit our Website, certain information may be collected about you. This information can include:
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, we learn about your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Website Interactions: We also keep track of the websites and pages users visit within our Website in order to determine what services are the most popular.
- Contact Information: We may collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us including your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Call or Email Records: If you call or email OOGEEP, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Social Media Usage: We collect information about people who visit and interact with our social media platforms.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect information directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information from you, whenever you: visit our Website; contact us with questions or fill out any forms on our Website or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, such as analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected by third parties, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal data, with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment: OOGEEP collects and uses your personal information to operate our Website and deliver the services you have requested.
- Advertising: We also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from OOGEEP and its affiliates.
- Communications: We use your information to communicate with you, such as responding to your requests. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Website Experience: We may use your information for the operation of the Website, to maintain quality of the Website, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Website.
- Personalization: We may use your information to deliver customized content and advertising within OOGEEP to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Security: We may use your information to protect OOGEEP and our Website users from fraud, security threats, and other harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: We will use your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell, rent, or lease customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide user support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on OOGEEP; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of OOGEEP; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of OOGEEP or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Social Media: This privacy notice does not cover the privacy and security practices of social media platforms on which we have Social Media Pages. Please review the terms, policies, and settings of those social media platforms if you have questions about how they collect and use your data.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) and DAA Opt-Out (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1) (you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
Our Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Website pages, or register with the Website or services, a cookie helps our Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use our Website features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Website or websites you visit.
No one under 13 should share any personal information with us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information relating to a child under 13, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither OOGEEP nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this Website with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our Website. Google Analytics reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our Website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended. We may not be able to receive or honor “Do Not Track” signals and our Website may continue to collect information in the manner described within this privacy notice.
Our Website may enable you to navigate to third-party websites through links on our Websites. We do this for your convenience. If it is not one of our Websites, we do not endorse, may not have any affiliation with, do not control, and are not responsible for those third-party websites and/or their Internet and web practices. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our Website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your information. Although we use measures to protect your information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk.
OOGEEP welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at INFO@OOGEEP.ORG. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Changes to this Statement
We will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. If we make material changes to this Statement of Privacy, we will update this privacy notice and change the effective date at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how our Website is protecting your information.